The Warehouse New Zealand Returns Policy
While the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act provide the basis for The Warehouse’s returns policy, we in fact go above and beyond the expectation of these two statutory laws. The Warehouse has a 12-month Money Back Guarantee with printed proof of purchase. For a product to be returned under our policy, that product must be in a resalable condition unless faulty or otherwise defective. It's this policy that provides you peace of mind while shopping at The Warehouse.
As a result of copyright laws and hygiene issues a refund or exchange is only available for the following products if the product is defective:
• Mobile Phones
• Music CDs and Tapes
• PC and Gaming Console Software
• Consumables (perishable products – some Health and Beauty/Pharmacy products)
• Underwear – swimwear
• Jewellery (earrings)
• Printer cartridges (when packaging is opened).
NOTE: These products are still guaranteed under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by The Warehouse Ltd. In the event that goods sold are deficient or are faulty, the retailer has the right to repair, replace or refund.
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
There are five options available for our customers who would like to return a product -
If a product is unsatisfactory, we can offer to exchange it for another one (i.e. a different size or colour etc) or another product of the same value. Generally proof of purchase is required in order to get an exchange, although we may waive this requirement if we believe we have sold the product. Please note, as mentioned above, products returned or exchanged must be in a resalable condition with packaging intact and all labels etc returned with the item, also exchanges are not available on CDs, DVDs or software, except where the product is deemed faulty.
Our Money Back Guarantee is a key aspect of our business. If a customer has proof that they purchased the goods from our stores within the last 12 months they may obtain a refund. A refund will be made in the same tender as the original purchase. Please note that purchases made by cheque need seven days to clear before we can refund and as mentioned above, that product returned must be in resalable condition unless faulty or otherwise deficient. The Money Back Guarantee does not apply to products:
- Covered by warranty (such as iPods, Gaming Consoles and products covered by our extended warranty)
- Hygiene Products (such as underwear etc)
- Copyright infringement products (such as CDs, DVDs and Gaming Software)
The issuing of credit notes provides an alternative to a refund or exchange. These credit notes can be used to purchase anything from any of The Warehouse New Zealand stores. Credit notes cannot be exchanged for cash and will not be generated for amounts less than $5.00.
An application for a refund will be required where the original purchase was made by cheque less than seven days prior to the refund claim, where the original purchase was made through a WINZ Purchase Authority, or for products that require a further inspection prior to a refund being granted (e.g. Computers, Diamond Jewellery etc).
If the returned product is still under warranty, the repair will be at our expense. There may be an assessment fee on electrical items which include Mobile Phones, iPods and Gaming System Hardware. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired, however the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer.
Our Guarantees to You
• Manufacturing defects do not include normal fair wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.
• All Parallel Watches bought from The Warehouse are covered under our 12 month Money Back Guarantee.
• All Diamonds in our Jewellery are non-conflict Diamonds
• All Gemstones and Diamond specifications shall equal or exceed the specifications stated.
○ The Warehouse DOES NOT use synthetic gemstones unless stated in the specifications for that product. Diamonds are guaranteed to be Diamonds.
• "Valuation Guarantee" All rings purchased from the website over the price of $500 will have an independent valuation carried out by the valuation company Advanced Gem Laboratory. Most of our loose Diamonds come with an International Certification Certificate which verifies the grade of each diamond.
Our Returns Policy
• Where you have simply changed your mind, you will be covered under The Warehouse 12 month guarantee. This only applies to all purchases that are still in an as-new condition.
• All products returned must be in their original unused condition, specifications and packaging, along with any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the products. Products can not be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged, altered or sized. This includes rings sized at your request as we will not resell a ring to another customer after it has already been sized.
• All purchases must be returned and inspected before any refund will be granted
• Due to health regulations we are unable to refund any earrings purchases. Any earrings purchased from The Warehouse will be covered for any manufacturing faults.
• We do not accept returns outside of New Zealand. This is because of the costs of customs fees and taxes on re-entry back into NZ.
• Where the products are faulty or damaged due to manufacturing faults we will either: (i) replace the products; or (ii) repair the product under the manufacturers guarantee; (iii) give you a full refund.
• We do not refund or exchange items that have been specifically custom made for you e.g. a wedding ring made to order, or has been sized to your requirements etc.
• Manufacturing defects do not include normal wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.