“BARBIE WIN A TRIP” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New Zealand residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Retailers (as defined below) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries into the promotion open on 17/06/2019 and close at 11:59pm NZST on 21/07/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To be eligible to enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Purchase, in a single transaction, one (1) or more Eligible Products from a Participating Retailer (“Qualifying Purchase”). An ‘Eligible Product’ is any of the following: Barbie Travel Lead Doll; Barbie Travel Helicopter or Barbie 60th Career Doll. A ‘Participating Retailer’ is any authorized retailer in New Zealand that stocks the Eligible Products. In the event a purchase receipt is not automatically provided it is the individual’s responsibility to request one;
- Visit www.barbiegoldenboardingpass.co.nz and follow the prompts to the promotion entry page; and
- Upload the purchase receipt, enter how many Eligible Products were purchased on that receipt, input the requested details including name, address, email address and phone number and submit the fully completed entry form. For the removal of doubt, individuals will receive one (1) entry for every Eligible Product purchased.
7. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify that an Eligible Product was purchased and that the Qualifying Purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. There will be five (5) minor prize draws and one (1) major prize draw. Entries close 11:59pm NZST on 23/06/2019 (for Minor Draw 1), 30/06/2019 (for Minor Draw 2), 07/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 3), 14/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 4) and 21/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 5 and the Major Prize Draw). The draws will take place at Night & Day, 8 Simpson Street, Moorabbin, VIC, Australia 3189 at 11:00am AEST on 26/06/2019 (for Minor Draw 1), 03/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 2), 10/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 3), 17/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 4) and 24/07/2019 (for Minor Draw 5 and the Major Prize Draw). Entries in each minor draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent minor draws but will be entered into the Major Prize Draw.
12. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
13. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published at www.barbiegoldenboardingpass.com.au from 31/07/2019.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The first five (5) valid entries drawn in each Minor Draw will win a Barbie Suitcase valued at AUD$75. The first two (2) valid entries drawn in the Major Draw will each win a $2500 Jetstar Travel Voucher.
17. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
18. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
19. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
20. Total prize pool value is $5375.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
22. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 28/10/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published at www.barbiegoldenboardingpass.co.nz from 31/07/2019.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
26. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
30. The Promoter is Mattel Pty Ltd (ABN 60 000 660 962) of 658 Church Street, Cremorne VIC 3121, telephone 03 9425 5222.