CREATE YOUR OWN MASTERPIECE CONTEST
No purchase necessary to enter and win a prize. Many will enter, few will win a prize!
Families with children between 4 and 14 can enter contest to win LEGO® Win 1 of 20 Classic prize packs (valued at $200 each). Twenty (20) lucky entrants will each win one (1) LEGO® Classic prize pack!
Please see below for more details. The competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part in determining the winners.
Terms & Conditions - OFFICIAL RULES
CREATE YOUR OWN MASTERPIECE CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by The Warehouse Limited, 26 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland, 0627 (hereinafter “the Sponsor”).
By participating in this Prize Drawing, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Eligibility: Entrants must be between the ages of 4 and 14 years old, age as of 1 January 2019, and a resident of New Zealand. Entrants must ask their parent(s)/guardian(s) to upload the picture, and need to have parental/guardian permission before their pictures are uploaded.
You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee, partner or immediate family member of an employee of The Warehouse Group or any third party company or agency directly connected with the creation or administration of this Contest.
- Entry Period: You must submit your entry via the form above within the entry period stated below (hereinafter “Entry Period”). All entries received after this time shall not be valid. a. Entry Period i. Start Date: 15 May 2019
- End Date: 12 June 2019 (11:59pm EST)
How to Enter
During the entry period, simply create your LEGO masterpiece and submit your entry using the form above to go into the draw.
What to build
Inspired by the LEGO Masters TV Show, create your own LEGO Masterpiece.
How to get started
Take a picture of your LEGO Masterpiece and ensure you save your picture properly on your device before you upload it. Please limit your uploads to one (1) picture. We cannot fix or find your picture for you if it gets broken or lost during uploading to the gallery.
You can upload all these types of picture files to the gallery: *.gif, *.png, *.jpg*.jpeg.
Make sure your picture file is no bigger than 5 MB. The best picture size for the gallery is 800x600 pixels (or 600x800).
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must show only the entrant’s creation, which must represent an object which is built only from LEGO® bricks and other LEGO® elements. Only genuine LEGO® bricks and other LEGO® building toy elements (including LEGO® DUPLO®, LEGO® Technic, and LEGO® MINDSTORMS® elements) may be used in entrant’s creation. Entries must not show any identifiable feature of any person, or any product, trademark, or copyrighted property of any other person or business entity.
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libellous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or province where Submission is created.
Submissions not in compliance with these Guidelines and Restrictions are subject to disqualification.
Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to grant Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the entire term of duration of intellectual property rights), non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for promotional or marketing purposes of Sponsor's products. If requested, entrant agrees to sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to fully exploit the above-referenced license granted to the Submission. In granting Sponsor such license, entrant will represent and warrant that the Submission remains unpublished and does not in any way infringe upon any third party’s intellectual properties.
How to upload your model
- What is the title of your LEGO Masterpiece build? Describe it in forty (40) characters or less.
- Describe your build in twenty five (25) words or less (up to 250 characters). Use your wildest creativity and imagination! It's completely ok to invent new words, names, and stories. Just remember to stay safe online! Never write things about yourself, like your name, age, address, post code, phone number, email, school, etc.
- You can only upload one (1) picture of your build by selecting the "Upload My LEGO Masterpiece" button.
- When you have uploaded the picture of your build, title and description you want for this creation, click "Save”.
- Please upload photographs of your LEGO Masterpiece build only. LEGO will not accept photos that include the contestant(s) or other individuals.
- Choose Your favourite LEGO play theme from the available options, by clicking “choose”.
- Finally, click “submit now” to finalise your entry.
- Limitation on entry: No purchase is necessary to join the contest. Participants may submit as many entries as desired, but no individual will be eligible to win more than one Prize for the duration of this Contest.
The Contest will run from 15 May 2019 to 12 June 2019.
There will be twenty (20) Prize Winners for the Contest.
Twenty (20) Prize Winners, will receive one (1) LEGO® prize pack (worth NZD $200.00) at the discretion of the Sponsor from the LEGO Classic range as indicated by each Winner through the website, subject to these limitations:
- i) Availability of stocks of the LEGO® Classics set
- ii) Age group appropriate
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. Prizes are subject to availability and the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
The Prizes will be shipped to the winners’ home address no later than 6 weeks after the draw. The Winner is deemed to have received the Prize on the day it was shipped. The Warehouse is also not responsible for any interruption, defect, delay, theft, destruction or unauthorized alteration of the prizes while in delivery.
Selection of Winners:
A total of twenty (20) Winners will be selected by the members of the Warehouse Marketing Team (the “Judges”) on 12:00 noon, 17th June 2019 at The Warehouse Limited, 26 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland, 0627.
Entries will be judged upon:
Note that the judges will take the age of the entrant into consideration in their decisions. Accordingly, entries from older participants will be expected to demonstrate a higher degree of design and building sophistication than those from younger participants.
In case of ties, the judges will select a potential winner among the tied Entries based on the entry with the highest overall score for “Best overall originality.”
The odds of winning will depend on the skill and talent of the entrant, and on the number of eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Period.
Claiming the Prize: The Prize Winners will be contacted via the Entrant’s email address no later than 5 working days after the closing date of the contest. Potential Winners have three (3) days from the date of notification to complete and return the Winners’ Documents, as explained below. If the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, has not claimed their prize within five (5) days of notification, fails to complete the required Winners’ Documents correctly, a new Potential Winner will be selected from all remaining correct entries received before the Closing Date. Once the Potential Winner responds to the Sponsor’s notification by returning the completed Winners’ Documents, they will be confirmed as the winner (“Winner”).
- Entries will not be returned. All entries, including the images submitted in connection with the contest shall become the property of Sponsor and may be used for other marketing activities.
- If you are a Winner, you agree that the Sponsor may use your first name, age, and town or county of residence to announce the Winners of this contest.
- Any entry made or attempted in a manner which in the Sponsor’s reasonable opinion is contrary to the spirit of these Official Rules, or by its nature is unfair to other entrants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the contest.
- Any applicable taxes, governmental fees, and other expenses resulting from the prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner unless otherwise stated.
Reporting any compensation received, and paying any taxes due, to your home tax authorities are solely your responsibilities. The prizes could be subject to local taxes, such as income taxes; winners are encouraged to check local tax implications.
- The Sponsor’s decision is final and the Sponsor will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Sponsor (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the contest
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Sponsor (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Sponsor’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Sponsor) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Warehouse Limited; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or illegible entry materials, or for entries not received prior to the entry deadline.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor or Judges in their sole discretion.
- Sponsor is not responsible for (1) lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; (2) incorrect or inaccurate entry information howsoever caused; (3) other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic; (4) any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Prize Drawing or in the announcement of the prizes; or (5) to the extent permissible by law, any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Prize Drawing or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Prize Drawing, if it is possible. If the Prize Drawing, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s grant to Sponsor of a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the entire term of duration of intellectual property rights), non-exclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for promotional or marketing purposes of Sponsor's products. By accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his or her name, likeness and entry materials in any manner by Sponsor for advertising or trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor will take photographs or video recordings of the Winner and Sponsor reserves the right to use the photographs/videos in various media including the Internet. The photographs, negatives and/or recordings shall constitute the sole property of the The Warehouse Limited, which shall have the right to cut, crop and/or edit them as may be necessary.