Anzac Biscuits Here’s a tried and true recipe for everyone’s favourite bikkie. They’re easy to make and a great way to involve the kids in the kitchen.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon boiling water
Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
1. Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix.
2. Place the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan, stir over a gentle heat until melted and well mixed.
3. Mix the bicarb soda with boiling water, add to melted butter mixture then stir into dry ingredients.
4. Place spoonfuls of mixture on lightly greased oven trays; allow room for spreading.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 mins. Loosen while warm, then cool on trays.
Makes about 24.