Super Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Craving that fluffy, chewy, cinnamon-y bite, but don’t want to invest your whole morning into making it? These easy as cinnamon rolls come together in no time, with a dough that’s made from just flour and Greek yoghurt with a creamy icing on top. The Greek yoghurt gives these rolls a boost of protein and help perfect the fluffy texture. In less than an hour, you too could have these beauties on your bench. Make them this Sunday
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees
2. In your mixing bowl, use a dough hook attachment, combine the flour and Greek yoghurt, starting slowly and steadily increasing speed as it turns into dough. Keep going until it forms a sticky, soft dough.
Note: don’t have a mixer? No worries. Mix with a spoon and then use your hands to continue combining. Flour a surface and knead the dough by hand for a few minutes until the dough comes together. Keep adding flour to the surface/the dough if it’s too sticky to handle.
3. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and flour a surface very well so the dough doesn’t stick. Roll it out into a 30cm X 20cm rectangle.
4. Once the rectangle is shaped, spread the softened butter all over the dough.
5. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, then sprinkle all over the rectangle.
6. Begin rolling the dough into a tight log (from the bottom up long-ways)
7. Once rolled, use a sharp knife or unflavoured floss to cut the log into 8 pieces (or cut fewer for bigger pieces, or more for smaller pieces, but be mindful of the cooking time)
8. Place the rolls into a small baking pan well coated with cooking spray.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Watch for the tops as they begin to brown and the centre roll looks set.
10. While the rolls are cooking, prep the icing by mixing the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
11. Cool for 10 minutes, then top with icing and enjoy!