Super Easy Sweet Chilli Cheese Scones
Prep plus cook time: 30 minutes
- 250g (1¾ cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 75g chilled butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 125g (1 cup) mature Cheddar, grated
- ¾ cup milk soured with a drop of lemon juice or vinegar
- Handful of chopped fresh herbs, or 1 teaspoon of dried Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 210°C. In a bowl or processor, combine the flour, baking powder and cayenne. Mix, then add the butter. Rub in or pulse to crumbs.
2. Stir in the chilli sauce and cheese, then add just enough milk to form into a dough. Turn onto a floured bench and pat or roll to a thickness of 2cm, then slice or use a cutter to create individual scones.
3. Place on a greased tray, brush with milk, if desired, and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.