Refresh Your Space for Spring!
Spring is just around the corner, bringing warmer days, more sunshine, and new growth in the garden.
Flowers are finally blooming and indoors things are happening too – it’s a time for transition!
First things first, it’s time for that Spring clean.
Make a list of everything that needs to be done and over a set time and then you can get cleaning without feeling too overwhelmed! This is also the time to return your heavy wool blankets to storage, change out your heavy drapes for lighter versions and make way for bold pops of colour.
Once your home is clean and organized, you’re ready to decorate for spring.
5 top tips for affordable ways to refresh your space
Whether you want to invest in seasonal items, or are looking for a subtler refresh, we’ve got 5 top tips for affordable ways to refresh your space.
- Spring is the season of bright colours! Add in pops of colour and patterns through throws, cushions, vases or rugs. This works particularly well if you have a neutral base palette, but even if you don’t, you can still add multiple colours to your rooms that can complement your existing colours.
- Step out of your comfort zone and try a bold statement, or keep it cool with subtle hints of something you know you love. You’ll be surprised how much your mood lifts when you’re surrounded by a sea of pretty shades.
- Bring the outdoors in with potted plants, faux flowers or herb gardens. This will add interest to your space, potted herbs are all handy in the kitchen!
- Refresh your bedding - swap out flannel sheets for a more breathable fabric and add new season colour and brightness with a patterned duvet.
- Add art to your walls or smaller accent pieces in Spring shades. From vases to sculptures and patterned pillows, these pieces add energy to your home. Don’t be afraid to experiment with a curated mix of sizes, shapes and styles.
3 looks that are easy on the pocket!
- Add a mirror to your wall – this will open-up a room and give the illusion of more space and light!
- Paint existing furniture in fresh new colours!
- Keep your fruit bowl filled with amazing bright and in-season Spring produce.