Pet Insurance Claims
- Claim Form for Veterinary Fees
- Claim Form for Boarding Kennel Fees
- Claim Form for Loss by Theft or Straying
- Claim Form for Death
- Claim Form for Holiday Cancellation
- Claim Form for Veterinary Fees, Death or Permanent Loss of Use
- Claim Form for Loss by Theft or Straying
- Claim Form for Saddlery & Tack
- Claim Form for Float/Horse-Drawn Vehicle
- Requirements for Permanent Loss of Use
- Veterinary Certificate of Examination for Mortality Insurance
Claim by Mail
Receive Your Claim
- Paid direct to your vet. Please understand that we will not pay your vet unless it has been previously agreed with them to do so.
- Debited into your bank account that your monthly premium is direct debited from.
- Or debited into the bank account that is nominated on the claims form at time of submission.
- Your section and your vets section should both be fully completed and signed.
- Include itemised receipts, vet consultation notes as well as other relevant supporting documentation.
- Make sure you are not claiming for items that are not covered by your Certificate of Insurance. These can include, but are not limited to: routine and preventative treatment (teeth cleaning, worming, desexing and vaccinations), pre-existing conditions, and any illness that occurred within your waiting period.
- Check your policy’s excess amount.
- Keep all copies and documentation of your claims for record.
What can you do if you are not happy with the outcome of your claim?Step 1: If you are not satisfied, you can request the complaint be referred to The Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) team for review: Pet Insurance by The Warehouse Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR)
PO Box 112250
Penrose, Auckland 1642
Phone: 0800 968 687
Step 2: If this does not resolve the matter or you are not satisfied with the way a complaint has been dealt with, you should contact: Lloyd’s General Representative in New Zealand
c/o Level 29 Plimmer Towers
2-6 Gilmer Terrace
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 472 7582
Email: IDRNewZealand@lloyds.com Step 3: If your dispute remains unresolved you may contact the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme: Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme
PO Box 10-845
Wellington 6143 NZ
Phone: 0800 888 202
Email: email@example.com Product Promoter The Warehouse Limited.
Administrator Petplan Australasia Pty Ltd ABN 64 069 468 542 AFSL No. 245663 is the sole Administrator of our policies. Petplan® is a Registered Trade Mark. Products sold under this Trade Mark are sold exclusively by Petplan Australasia Pty Ltd under license from Pet Plan Ltd. The Insurer
The Insurer HDI Global Specialty SE -Australia (ABN 58 129 395 544, AFSL No. 458776) (HDI Global Specialty) with its registered address at Tower 1, Level 33, 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney NSW 2000. HDI Global Specialty is authorised to carry out insurance business in Australia by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority in accordance with the Insurance Act 1973 (Cth). HDI Global Specialty SE is registered in Germany, with its registered office at Roderbruchstraße 26, 30655 Hannover, Germany with registration number HRB211924 authorised by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (“BaFin“). It is authorised to carry on insurance business in Germany under the German Insurance Supervisory Act (“Versicherungsaufsichtsgesetz”). Please consider the PDS before making a decision to purchase the product. This information does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs.
The Insurer is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (“APRA”). HDI Global Specialty SE is not currently licensed to carry on insurance business in New Zealand and accordingly HDI Global Specialty SE is not regulated by New Zealand prudential supervision laws or within the prudential supervision of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
HDI Global Specialty SE -Australia has an A+ insurer financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor’s (Australia) Pty Ltd.
The rating scale is:
AAA Extremely Strong AA Very Strong A Strong B Weak CCC Very Weak CC Extremely Weak BBB Good BB Marginal R Regulatory Action
Plus (+) or minus (-): Ratings from “AA” to “CCC” maybe modified by the addition of a (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standings within major rating categories.