The Warehouse Christmas Club
1. The Christmas Club works by allowing you to add payments to a Christmas Club card, which can then be redeemed for goods at The Warehouse at a special 5% discount between 1 December and 6 February (“Redemption Period”). Your membership is subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms”), and by activating your Christmas Club card, you confirm that you agree to these terms.
2. Join the Christmas Club by depositing a minimum of $5 onto your new Christmas Club card at any The Warehouse store to activate it and provide us with your contact details. If you change your mind, you have seven days from the date of joining to cancel your Christmas Club card by emailing us at email@example.com. If you cancel within this seven-day period, we will refund any amounts you have deposited. For us to be able to make the refund, you must provide us with the full number of your Christmas Club card and a bank statement showing your name and account number.
3. You can add to your Christmas Club card balance in the following ways:
A. Instore at any The Warehouse store, by topping up your Christmas Club card at the check-out. In-store top-ups can only be made during the months of January to November (inclusive).
B. Online by setting up an automatic payment or direct debit or making an internet banking transfer, Online top-ups may be made at any time during the year.
4. Top-up payments must be at least $2. The maximum balance that you can have on your Christmas Club card is $5,000.
5. If you set up an automatic payment or make an internet banking transfer, you must include your Christmas Club card number as a reference. If we are not able to match the payment to a Christmas Club card, we will return the payment to your account.
6. If you set up a direct debit and a scheduled payment is not made for any reason, we may contact you so that you can arrange an alternative method of payment if you wish. If, after making reasonable efforts, we are not able to contact you, we may cancel the direct debit without further notice to you.
7. You can check the balance on your Christmas Club card instore at any The Warehouse store, either at the checkout or simply by scanning your card at any self-scanner instore. You can also check your balance online at Online Balance Checker.
8. Christmas Club card balances can only be redeemed in exchange for goods at The Warehouse and only during the Redemption Period. Christmas Club cards cannot be used for online purchases, layby payments, layby deposits, finance payments or to purchase gift cards. Balances cannot be refunded or otherwise exchanged for cash. Any amounts stored on your card that you do not spend in the Redemption Period will be carried over to the next year. However, any outstanding balance on your card will expire and become our property if you have not used your card or added to your balance for a period of 24 months.
9. A 5% discount will apply to any purchases made using your Christmas Club card. For example, if you purchase $100 worth of goods using your Christmas Club card, you will receive a $5 discount on your purchase (i.e. it will only cost you $95). If you pay for your purchases with a mix of Christmas Club money and cash (or other tender) you will receive a discount based on 5% of the purchases paid for using Christmas Club card funds.
If the goods that you purchase are already discounted, the 5% Christmas Club discount will be applied after the first discount is applied. For example, if you buy an item that has an original price of $100 and it has a 10% discount and you pay for that item with your Christmas Club card, the 10% discount will be applied first to reduce the item’s price to $90 and the 5% discount will then be applied to the $90 to reduce the price payable to $85.50.
10. Each month there will be a prize draw for customers who have added funds to their Christmas Club card during that month. One winner will be drawn at random from all Christmas Club card holders who have added funds to their card during the preceding month. The winner will have $500 added to their Christmas Club card. Winners of prize draws will be notified no later than five days following the relevant prize draw. If we cannot contact the winner after having made reasonable efforts, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Our decision on all matters relating any Christmas Club prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. From time to time we may run additional promotions and prize draws for Christmas Club card holders who have provided us with their contact details. Additional terms and conditions may apply to these promotions and prize draws.
12. You are responsible for the security of your card and we will not be responsible (and will not reimburse you) for any unauthorised use or loss of your card. If you lose your Christmas Club card, you must notify us immediately so that we can cancel your card. We will transfer any balance on your card at the time of cancellation to a new Christmas Club card.
14. If you do not make a top-up to or purchase from your Christmas Club card for 24 months, your Christmas Club card will expire and any remaining funds will become the property of The Warehouse.
15. We may change these Terms (including the terms and prizes applying to any prize draw or withdrawing any prize draw) at any time by posting amended terms on www.thewarehouse.co.nz or otherwise notifying you of the change. The amended Terms will become effective as soon as they are posted or otherwise notified. It is your responsibility to check The Warehouse website for changes.
16. We may suspend or cancel the Christmas Club or any other offer at any time we deem appropriate, in which case all rights under these Terms will cease. We will endeavour to give you reasonable advance notice of suspension or cancellation by notification on www.thewarehouse.co.nz or by otherwise notifying you.
17. We will not be liable to you in any circumstances for any loss or damage you incur in connection with your membership of the Christmas Club or any Christmas Club card.
18. The Warehouse Christmas Club is operated by The Warehouse Limited.