Delivery Costs | Delivery Times - General | Cancelling your Order | Delivery Method - Courier | Products Missing Upon Delivery | International Shipping | Multiple Delivery Addresses | Picking Up From Local Store | FAQs
The fee for your order depends on the type of product you are purchasing (in particular, the size and weight of a product).
- Oversized items - marked as oversized delivery (whiteware, pool tables, bikes, trampolines, larger furniture etc.) - will be charged per order at $60 for Home Delivery, and $90 for Rural Home Delivery.
- The delivery cost for your order is displayed in your online shopping Cart as an Estimated Delivery Cost. This will be the lowest possible rate until you are logged in and enter your delivery address. Once we know your delivery address, the estimated cost will change to a final delivery cost in the order summary.
- If you have more than one product in your order, you may receive the different products in separate shipments as we have multiple fulfilment centres.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders or negotiate delivery fees.
- Please note deliveries to the Outer Islands (Chatham, Kawau, Waiheke etc) may incur additional costs.
- The Warehouse is presently unable to deliver dangerous goods to Great Barrier Island. e.g. aerosols and fragrances.
- Due to delays since the earthquake we can’t guarantee South Island Deliveries for Dangerous Goods will be as fast as Standard items.
- Each product has an indication of how long it takes to be dispatched (sent from our fulfilment centres) in the Status column in the Cart.
- Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays will be processed on the following business day. We aim to deliver your items as soon as possible but dispatch times indicated are subject to change.
- Standard Sized items usually delivered within 2-5 business days (Rural Home Delivery will take longer and usually adds another 3 days to your delivery timeframe).
- Oversized Items usually delivered within 5-7 business days (Rural Home Delivery will take longer and usually adds another 3 days to your delivery timeframe). You will be contacted prior to delivery by the carrier to arrange a suitable delivery day & time.
- Dangerous good (fragrances, nail polish and aerosols) deliveries may experience a longer delivery timeframe when transported between North/South islands.
- The customer delivery service does not include the assembly of kitset products and the connection of plumbing or electrical equipment.
- We endeavour to deliver pre-ordered items on the day of release, however due to delivery location (rural addresses) and courier schedules (weekends, public holidays), your delivery may be made on following days.
Customer Requested Delivery Times
- In some instances customers request specific delivery dates, we will endeavour to deliver as close to this date as possible but due to the nature of some orders and customer location we cannot guarantee to meet your request. We will hold stock, within a reasonable timeframe, to accommodate customer needs but this may not always be possible. If we unable to meet your request we will notify you via email or telephone.
Cancelling your Order
If you wish to cancel your order please contact us on 0800 422 274 or via our online form as soon as possible. If you cancel before your order is dispatched you will receive a full refund.
If your items have already been sent then your order can no longer be cancelled. Please follow the returns process once your order arrives and please note your delivery fee will not be refunded.
What is Parcel for you?
If you were unavailable to sign for an item when the CourierPost driver called, or if the item does not require a signature and a safe place could not be found to leave it, then we left a ‘Parcel for you’ card at the delivery address.
The card will have details of when the delivery was attempted, the ‘Parcel for you’ tracking number; as well as what needs to be done to arrange redelivery or collection of the item.
How can I change the delivery address of my parcel while it is in transit?
Using the New Zealand Post tracking tool (not the CourierPost Track & Trace page), you can redirect your parcel to another address or to a parcel pick-up point (within 75km of the original address) right up until your parcel receives an ‘Out for delivery’ or ‘Handover’ scan.
You can do this by clicking ‘Redirect my parcel’ or ‘Redirect to parcel to a pick-up point’ on the Tracking page.
To use this option, you need be signed into your New Zealand Post online account. If you don't have a New Zealand Post online account, you can sign up here.
Please see the CourierPost terms and conditions for a list of items the redirection service does not cover.
Can I provide delivery instructions for my parcels or provide authority to allow the courier to sign for and leave my Signature Required parcels?
Yes. In most cases, authority to leave can be given to items that require a signature, and delivery instructions can be added to items that don’t require a signature. You can do this any time up until the parcel is scanned "Out for Delivery" by clicking “Add delivery instructions” or “Leave my parcel” in the “Parcel details” section on the New Zealand Post Tracking page (not the CourierPost Track & Trace page).
Make sure the place you have specified is weatherproof, out of street view, and safe and easy for CourierPost's delivery driver to access.
To use this option, you need to be signed into your New Zealand Post online account. If you don't have one, you can sign up here.
In addition to this, you can complete a single, permanent Authority to Leave form which covers all parcels (excluding those on the exempt senders list). To complete this form, please download the form from CourierPost's Brochures and Downloads page.
What are my options for redelivery of the item after a Card to Call has been left?
You can choose from one of the following options*:
- Redirect to another address (for example you could have it delivered to your work during the day)
- Redelivery to the original delivery address (good if you know you will be available at the address to sign for the delivery)
- Redelivery during the evening (Monday to Friday only, fee applies)**
- Redelivery on a Saturday (fee applies)**
- Collection at a nearby CourierPost depot or PostShop (or participating Countdowns in Auckland and Z Energy service stations in Wellington)
Enter your Card to Call tracking number to access these options to receive your parcel.
* For items handed over for collection from a PostShop or Agency, these options may not be available.
Can you re-deliver my item to another address where I will be during the day?
Yes. Just arrange redelivery of the item online now and select the option ‘Redirect to another address’.
Can I book a specific time for redelivery?
You can choose the day for the redirection, redelivery or collection of your item up to 5 business days in advance. Unfortunately we can’t accept bookings for a specific time of the day.
To avoid any inconvenience please consider the options of redirection to another address where you will be available to sign for the item, or collection from a nearby CourierPost depot or PostShop.
What do I need to bring with me to collect my parcel from a New Zealand Post parcel pick-up point?
If you've chosen to have your parcel delivered to a New Zealand Post parcel pick-up point, you'll need to bring photo identification with you, along with a copy of the “ready to collect” notification email either printed out or on a mobile device.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- New Zealand passport
- New Zealand driver's licence
- Overseas passport
- Hospitality 18+ photo ID card
If your parcel has been redirected to a CourierPost or New Zealand PostShop following a Card to Call or Card to Collect, you will need to bring the card with you, as well as the identification mentioned above.
If you send someone else to collect your parcel for you, they will need their ID and the notification email, Card to Call or Card to Collect. We will take a note of the details of their ID so we have a record of who picked up the parcel.
Where can I find a Card to Call tracking number?
The pink portion of the Card to Call contains the tracking number
If I arrange a redelivery after receiving a Card to Call, what happens if I am not there when you try to deliver it again?
If the second delivery is unsuccessful, you will need to arrange to pick it up from the nearest local CourierPost depot. This will be indicated on the second Card to Call we leave.
Any items that are not collected within 10 days of the second delivery attempt may be returned to the sender.
For further information please read CourierPost’s Card to Call Terms and Conditions.
If delivery of your order is unsuccessful and the product is returned to our fulfilment centre we will refund you for the cost of the item but not the delivery fee.
Products Missing Upon Delivery
Each product in your order has a tracking number against it. You can use this to see what stage your order is at in the Track Order area. The Warehouse have multiple distribution centres, if you have more than one product in your order, you may receive the different products at different times if they are sourced from different locations. There is no extra delivery charge for different items being check on the status of each product in your order in the Order History area.
We do not ship internationally at present. We only ship to addresses within New Zealand.
Multiple Delivery Addresses Per Order
We do not offer the service to ship to multiple addresses at present.
Picking Up my Order from my Local Warehouse Store
Orders made online, excluding Red Alert orders, can be collected from your local store using our 'Click & Collect' service. Find out more about Click & Collect here.